Ficus Bonsai is a very popular indoor tree species for beginners. Ficus trees belong to the family of mulberry plants. They are indoor plants. The healthy Ficus Bonsai trees can transform the ambiance of your home.
There are many varieties of Ficus. However, Ficus Retusa is the most prominent one. It comes with the shape of an s-curved trunk. Moreover, its green leaves are mesmerizing. Some of them produce nice flowers and most of them have hidden flowers. They are grown in all tropical places. Furthermore, most of them produce aerial roots too.
Their leaves have special pointed tips to drip off the water. Leaves are of varying sizes. The trunks are mostly grey in color. Ficus Ginseng is poisonous for pets. Thus make sure to keep them out of their reach.
Guidelines For Ficus Bonsai
- Ficus Bonsai trees cannot cope with frost. You can place these trees outside during summers. Do not place them in a very shady place. Remember, they prefer to stay under the full sun. They need high humidity. For aerial roots to grow, they need extremely high humidity.
- You can use organic fertilizers for fertilizing. As a result, it should be done every one to two weeks in summer and two to four weeks in winter.
- Regular pruning is essential for any tree. It enhances its shape and helps to retain it.
- Certainly, they should be watered when the soil starts getting dry. Do not overdo watering to prevent fungal problems.
- They are easily wirable as they are flexible. You need to check wires on a daily basis. Thick and strong branches need to be shaped with guy-wires.
- Spring is the best time for repotting.
- They are resistant to pests.
- During winters, they can face leaf dropping due to the weakening of the tree. Hence, frequent misting will be helpful.
- They are available in almost every store and nursery.
Ficus Bonsai As An Air Purifier
Indoor pollution is extremely detrimental to health. However, Ficus bonsai can help a lot by absorbing air pollutants. Their leaves contain this absorbing capacity. They break down harmful chemicals and convert them into some useful forms. Moreover, these trees absorb gases via their leaves and send the same to the soil.
Ficus Bonsai Also Works As An Herbal Medicine
Do you know some ficus species come with medicinal properties? According to a study, they are heavily used to manage respiratory issues. Moreover, they can also treat central nervous system ailments and gastric issues. They also contribute to the treatment of cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, skin infections, etc.
Ficus Benjamina comes with antinociceptive, anti-dysentery, hypotensive, etc features. They also help to treat skin problems, inflammation, piles, respiratory issues, etc. Moreover, they are also useful to treat leprosy, vomiting, malaria, etc.
If you are not sure about where to start growing Bonsai, you should definitely start with Ficus Bonsai. They look pretty as well as are easy to grow and maintain. You will easily get them in any nearby nursery or likewise online stores. Do not wait for it further. Just plant one!